Applying the results of trials and systematic reviews to individual patients
Paul Glasziou uses 28 slides to address ‘Applying the results of trials and systematic reviews to individual patients’.Key Concepts addressed:
- 2-11 All fair comparisons and outcomes should be reported
- 2-14 Average measures of effects can be misleading
- 2-15 Fair comparisons with few people or outcome events can be misleading
- 3-3 Are the treatments practical in your setting?
- 3-5 How certain is the evidence?
Paul Glasziou asks Why is applicability a problem?, What are the issues?, and How can we improve?
He introduces a “5-step” process to check on the transferability of research evidence and its application to individuals.