Reviews of the Second Edition
I have no hesitation in recommending this book. I am sure that I will be referring to it (or the website) on a regular basis. George Galea, Bulletin of the Royal College of Pathologists, January 2013
I genuinely, truly, cannot recommend this awesome book highly enough for its clarity, depth, and humanity. Ben Goldacre, Bad Science, 2011.
This is a thought-provoking book and one I will keep nearby for many years. Irene Mabbott, Nursing Standard, 2012.
Testing Treatments is the best available introduction to the methods, uses and value of fair testing. Health Affairs (March / April 2008; 27 (2): 581-2).
Patient groups would do well to read, inwardly digest and then spread the word. Patient Information Forum, 2006
Testing Treatments will inform patients, clinicians and researchers alike. The Lancet (September 9, 2006: 909)
A terrific little book. British Medical Journal (BMJ 24 June 2006: 1516)
A timely, inspiring read. British Journal of General Practice (Br J Gen Pract October 2006: 808)
Should be required reading, not just for clinical researchers , but for everyone interested in healthcare. Journal of Clinical Research Best Practices (April 2008: 4(4))
Reviews of Testing Treatments: better research for better health care have also appeared in the following publications
- Bandolier (October 2006:152-9)
- Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM, June 2007, Vol 12: 91)
- Journal of the European Medical Writers Association J Eur Med Writers Assoc 2007; 16(2): 87-9
- Norwegian Medical Journal (Norweg Med J – Tidsskr Nor Lægeforen nr. 4, 2007: 127)
- MFC Bulletin (July/September 2007: 15-16)
- Royal College of Pathologists (October 2010; 152: 311)