Home > 書籍 > Thumbnails > Background
These thumbnails provide important background knowledge that will help you to understand the reasons why testing treatments matters.
- Don’t be too certain
- Doctors talk about guesswork in prescribing
- Anecdotes are anecdotes
- We do things because…
- From person to patient
- Stepwise progress doesn’t hit the headlines
- Mistaking the cure
- Believing is seeing
- Synthesizing information from research
- Marketing-based medicine
- Science is cumulative, but scientists don’t accumulate evidence scientifically
- Who says medical research is bad for your health?
- Rethinking informed consent
- Doctors and drug companies
- All it takes is to find the gene
- Patients’ choice: David and Goliath
If you would like to suggest additional resources, please feel encouraged to use the Comment box below to tell us about them.