Home > 書籍 > Thumbnails > Examples
These are stories about specific clinical cases, diseases or disease areas that illustrate the need for fair tests of treatments.
- A tragic epidemic of blindness in babies
- On being sucked into a maelstrom
- Who has diabetes?
- No wonder she was confused
- The classical (Halstead) radical mastectomy
- Overdiagnosing prostate cancer
- Discoverer of PSA speaks out
- Selling screening
- The Screening Circus
- Doctors talk about guesswork in prescribing
- Could checking the evidence first have prevented a death?
- Academic nicety – or sensible choice?
- My experience of Magpie
- Impact of “me-too” drugs in Canada
- Dodgy, devious and duped?
- Psoriasis patients poorly served by research
- Lay people help to rethink AIDS
If you can think of any additional examples to add to our collection, please use the Comment box below to tell us about them.