Teach Yourself Cochrane
Tells the story behind Cochrane and the challenges finding good quality evidence to produce reliable systematic reviews.Key Concepts addressed:
- 2-9 Reviews of fair comparisons should be systematic
- 2-11 All fair comparisons and outcomes should be reported
- 2-13 Relative measures of effects can be misleading
- 2-1 Comparisons are needed to identify treatment effects
- 2-2 Comparison groups should be similar
- 2-4 Comparison groups should be treated equally
- 2-5 People should not know which treatment they get
- 2-6 Peoples' outcomes should be assessed similarly
- 3-2 Are you very different from the people studied?
Teach yourself Cochrane tells the story behind Cochrane and the challenges the organisation faces in finding good quality evidence to produce systematic reviews. You will learn how you can find information about clinical trials and read Cochrane reviews, and also ways to get involved as a Consumer.